- 20’6” x 20’6” with a 10’ ceiling.
- All perimeter walls, except 12’ of one wall attached to my house, are not insulated.
- Garage door is a regular 2 car garage door that I added insulation to. Two kits needed for my door. http://amzn.to/2kTWWrt
- Garage door has wide weatherstripping attached to the outside. http://amzn.to/2kILQmT
- Ceiling above is not insulated.
My local climate:
- I live in central Mississippi which is known to have a high annual precipitation level.
- Mississippi also has a high average temperature.
- Two 1500w electric radiant heaters. They couldn’t keep up with the space. http://amzn.to/2kIExeM
- Two electric radiant heaters + a small propane Mr. Heater one plaque 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater. This worked but didn’t burn as efficient as I had hoped and produced an odor that we could smell inside the house. http://amzn.to/2lp9Ryz
- Box fan. Even a steady breeze is still miserable in the high heat and humidity of the Southeast climate.
- QuietSide brand mini split AC & heat pump unit. Model number QS18-VJ220
- 18,000 BTU cooling and 19,800 BTU heating.
- Comfortably cools to low 70’s in the summer time and drastically reduces the humidity in the shop.
- Comfortably heats the shop in the winter time. Although, the lowest setting is 61 degrees which is a little warm for working in the winter time. I’d prefer to work in a long sleeved shirt or light jacket in the winter and remove the long sleeves in the event that I get hot.
- The outside unit is a lot quieter than the unit for my house.
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE JUST READ?
Join thousands of other people and sign up for my email newsletter to get notified of new content and updates.
Hey, you're already subscribed to my email newsletter. I thought you looked familiar ;)