- 20’6” x 20’6” with a 10’ ceiling.
- All perimeter walls, except 12’ of one wall attached to my house, are not insulated.
- Garage door is a regular 2 car garage door that I added insulation to. Two kits needed for my door. http://amzn.to/2kTWWrt
- Garage door has wide weatherstripping attached to the outside. http://amzn.to/2kILQmT
- Ceiling above is not insulated.
My local climate:
- I live in central Mississippi which is known to have a high annual precipitation level.
- Mississippi also has a high average temperature.
- Two 1500w electric radiant heaters. They couldn’t keep up with the space. http://amzn.to/2kIExeM
- Two electric radiant heaters + a small propane Mr. Heater one plaque 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater. This worked but didn’t burn as efficient as I had hoped and produced an odor that we could smell inside the house. http://amzn.to/2lp9Ryz
- Box fan. Even a steady breeze is still miserable in the high heat and humidity of the Southeast climate.
- QuietSide brand mini split AC & heat pump unit. Model number QS18-VJ220
- 18,000 BTU cooling and 19,800 BTU heating.
- Comfortably cools to low 70’s in the summer time and drastically reduces the humidity in the shop.
- Comfortably heats the shop in the winter time. Although, the lowest setting is 61 degrees which is a little warm for working in the winter time. I’d prefer to work in a long sleeved shirt or light jacket in the winter and remove the long sleeves in the event that I get hot.
- The outside unit is a lot quieter than the unit for my house.