- Last week’s video was on making a shooting board:
- What keeps the plane from cutting into the edge of the base board that the work piece is sitting on? Isn’t the blade protruding beyond the base of the plane that you indicate is sliding on the edge of the base board? The side of the mouth of the plane does not allow the blade to cut the entire thickness of the material support. Therefore it cannot remove much material. Just enough to keep it in line with the fence.
- What if I don’t have a huge jointing plane like that? Just about any plane will do the job. Use whatever plane you have.
- Possibly 2 videos this week. One from my Michigan trip with Tyler G and a possible 2nd video making pantry shelves to knock that off the honey-do list.
- Be safe, be productive, talk to you later.