In nearly every aspect, 2014 was an incredible year for me. Looking back on it I’m blown away at everything that has happened. Not only in my business life but also in my personal life. While I am looking forward to a very fun and enjoyable 2015 its nice to reflect on what has already happened. Most of which would not have happened without your support and engagement so I’d like to give a big THANK YOU to everyone out there who has taken time from their lives to show your support for what I do.
I am extremely lucky enough to have married a loving and caring person in 2011 who not only stands behind but also shares my dreams and goals in life. She also graduated twice in 2014. In May she received her second bachelors degree and in October she completed her officer training in the Army Reserves. And for icing on the cake she got a job she loves in the field she went to college for. I can’t express how proud I am of her and what we have already accomplished together.
For the first three years of our marriage we lived in an apartment, where I also worked, to save money and get my wife through college debt free. In July of this year we were able to purchase our first house together. Having my own place to setup a woodshop and a solid year and a half start into my online business I was also able to quit my day job and start focusing my attention on my business full time. There have been some stressful and chaotic days/weeks since working for myself full time but I honestly don’t feel like I am “working” because I absolutely love what I do.
I put “business” in quotations for a reason. The fact that I am able to do multiple things that I love to do and call it a “business” is still strange to me. I’m a statistics kinda guy though. Numbers, graphs, and charts are much more exciting to me than a page full of words. That my sound kinda odd considering that technically this is a page full of words and the fact that I write a decent length build article and two not-so-lengthy articles (Around The Web, Vlog) every week. A lot more information can be soaked up much faster with the use of statistics. So without further adieu, here are some current statistics to check out. Some pertaining to 2014 and some to the overall big picture.
- Since I started this website on March 12, 2013 I have published a total of 349 posts/articles. Probably a lot of which you haven’t even seen!
- There are currently 2,220 comments left by all of you on this website. Thank you for all of your input and participation!!
- Other than organic traffic from Google and other search engines, Facebook was the highest source of viewers to my website this year. Thank you Facebook friends! A relatively close second was Pinterest.
- The most frequent destination viewers ended up when leaving this website was my YouTube channel page. Aside from that it was ibuildit.ca. Specifically, this page from ibuildit.ca was visited the most.
- “Jay Z Custom Creations.Com” is a search term that was used to find my website 9 times in 2014. Apparently Jay-Z does some woodworking too…
- As of right now 5,623 of you are signed up for my email newsletters. I very much appreciate each and every one of you! All of you are my core audience and allow me to do what I absolutely love for a living. Thank you!!
- The three most engaging people from my newsletters are bograce, jimlogan3, and rksnellbaker. I very much appreciate your support and would like to send you a free t-shirt. Reply to one of the newsletter emails so I can get one sent to you!
- The most commented on post of 2014 was this one.
- The most viewed post of 2014 (and most downloaded plan) was this one.
- This website is responsible for a little more than 2/3 of my income with YouTube being the rest. I often get asked what helps me out the most in regards to viewing my content. Watching, reading, and sharing anything on my website is by far the best way you can show your support for what I do without spending a dime. THANKS!! :)
- My most thumbs up and most viewed video for 2014 is this one.
- My most disliked video for 2014 is this one. (SketchUp)
- According to YouTube Analytics, Michael Olsen and Backyard Woodworking are the top two engaged people with my channel. Thank you! Send me an email so I can send you a free t-shirt if you would like.
- According to YouTube Analytics my channel has grown by just over 59,000 subscribers in 2014. Thank you very much for all of your support!!
- 5,328 of you have subscribed to my Vlog/short update video channel. That’s mind blowing to me considering the fact that it’s pretty much a place to listen to me talk.
Any goals for 2015?
I don’t have one single “home run” item that I want to hit as that isn’t really how this online business seems to work. Instead, my only goal for 2015 is to stay consistent. Just like with exercise or diet, I think the best way to see results is with consistency. I’m really looking forward to a great 2015 and being able to look back on that year with the same outlook as I have on 2014. Thank you all for your continued support and good luck to each and every one of you with your 2015!