- Mechanics are no longer allowed to do carpentry work. Because I said so.
- Friends don’t let friends buy Chinese plywood.
- I’ve started in on the miter saw station again. Next week’s video will be on it.
- Daniel from MightyWood.net is a good dude. Thank you for the sticker.
- Fredrick Ebert is a good dude. Thank you as well for the sticker.
- Guy Dotan’s loft bed with a slide and climbing wall.
- Click here for the SketchUp file
Slide:http://www.homedepot.com/p/PlayStar-Scoop-Slide-PS-8813/203294573?N=5yc1vZc5p4 (was on sale on Wayfair for $53 shipped)
Wood: Cedar 2×4 and 2×6 from Lowe’s
Stain: Amber Shellac, 2 layersTo attach the ladder and allow removal, I modified a curtain holder, made an L shape and screwed onto the ladder top.
Lighting – absolutely awesome – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20119418/ – see remote to the left of the ladder.Warning: slide is pretty steep, as it was mounted above the recommended 48″ to save space. Kids LOVE it!
- If it rains any more this season my shop is going to float away. I need to build a boat.