- I went back to City Hardwoods a week or so ago. Got some nice 20″ wide mahogany and ambrosia maple.
- The lumber is for an upcoming coffee table build. Not sure when I’ll start on this.
- I made a hickory workbench to sell? ….nope. I changed my mind. It was an unplanned build. I’ll keep it for at least a few months, maybe forever.
- The second workbench will replace the assembly table. I LOVE having a large assembly table and if I had a bigger shop I’d keep it. But it’s beginning to feel a bit claustrophobic in the shop and I’m wanting to eventually get a bigger planer which will make it even more tight. Ultimately, 2 workbenches > 1 workbench & 1 assembly table.
- I’ve got a LOT of hickory offcuts in my way. I’ll probably be making a batch run of cutting boards. Any interest in a generic video for that? Maybe a timelaps?
- Checkout my giveaway if you haven’t already done so!
A total of 10 people will win something. The following items will be given away.
- 1 Grand Prize Winner – Custom Cherry dartboard cabinet (winner pickup in Starkville, Mississippi. No delivery), lunch and shop time with Jay and Shawn in Jay’s shop. About the cabinet:
- Cherry lumber for everything but the plywood panel under the cork and the plywood mounting base for the dartboard.
- Mortise and tenon joinery.
- Soft close Blum door hinges.
- Battery powered LED backlight that can also be powered via a USB power bank.
- Finished with garnet shellac.
- The overall dimensions of the cabinet are 51-3/8” long, 12” front to back, and 25-5/8” top to bottom.
- A build video and article for the cabinet can be seen here: https://jayscustomcreations.com/2017/12/cherry-dartboard-cabinet-complete-in-depth-build/
- 2 Second Place Winners – All plan bundle from Jay and Shawn (downloadable)
- Jay’s plan bundle: https://jayscustomcreations.com/product/every-plan-50-off-bundle/
- Shawn’s plan bundle: https://stoneandsons.net/shop/all-plan-bundle/
- 1 Third Place Winner – Jay’s Curly Hickory Gift Box. About the box:
- Curly hickory sides, straight grain hickory top and bottom panel and splines, and curly maple interior lining.
- Finished with Arm-R-Seal varnish.
- A build video and article for the box can be seen here: https://jayscustomcreations.com/2018/01/curly-hickory-tiny-spline-mitered-box/
- 1 Fourth Place Winner – Signed Stone and Sons Workshop Combohead Mallet.
- A build video and article for this style mallet can be seen here: https://stoneandsons.net/combohead-mallet/
- 5 Fifth Place Winners – Sticker pack from Jay and Shawn.
- Jay’s sticker pack: https://jayscustomcreations.com/product/sticker-combo-pack/
- Shawn’s sticker pack: https://stoneandsons.net/shop/stone-sons-workshop-sticker-pack-2/
Terms and conditions:
The randomly selected winner will be determined by the Gleam giveaway and not by me or Shawn personally so please don’t ask us to pick you :) The giveaway ends at the time shown on the giveaway entry widget (end of February 8th, 2018). The winner will be announced immediately on this giveaway page so check back for the winner. The entire giveaway is open to everyone world-wide but the cabinet is only available for pickup only. WE WILL NOT SHIP THE CABINET. None of your information gathered will be shared or sold. I hate spam just as much as you do. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries that I deem suspicious of non genuine entries. Please help me keep this as fair as possible. By entering the giveaway you agree to sign up for Jay’s and Shawn’s email newsletter. By entering the giveaway you agree to these terms and conditions.
- GRAND PRIZE – David A Carlson
- 2ND PLACE WINNERS – Stephen Smith, Judd McNutt
- 3RD PLACE WINNER – Cody Miller
- 4TH PLACE WINNER – Jim Boyd
- 5TH PLACE WINNERS – Tim Tarr, Tony Montanaro, Flavio Bautista, Lisa Albrecht, Krissy _