– With nearly 36 continuous hours of below freezing temperatures outside the shop heating was barely tested. The insulation seems to be doing it’s job well and the mini split system seems to be sized perfectly for this space. I’m quite pleased at how well the combination of those two kept the shop comfortable with no cold spots in the shop.
– Save 15% off your purchase of router bits at bitsbits.com with the code JAYBATES15.
– CNC plaque video will be on the CNC channel. I’ll try to keep all the “CNC heavy” projects and videos there: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9wUN5w3rAkZD1W8DizTUQ?
– Check out John Heisz’s website: https://ibuildit.ca/
– I tell people that if they want to support what I do without spending a dime the best thing you can do is read the articles and watch my videos on my website. The reason is it is the best thing you can do without spending a dime is that there are more ads on my website. My last calculation for YouTube revenue was about $2.80-ish (I don’t recall the exact number) per thousand views. On my website it’s literally 10 times that amount at $30 per thousand views. The only downside to this is that there are a lot of ads on my website. Because the majority of my website traffic is from casual viewers from google search and other platforms like Pinterest I don’t have any desire to reduce the number of ads on the website. The majority of viewers just don’t care. About once per month I’ll get an email from someone complaining about the ads on my website. My answer to them is to just download an ad blocker and run it while viewing my website. I’d rather you get the information you are after without me making any money vs you not even being here because of the ads. I’d also recommend that you keep the ad blocker off by default and only enable it on sites that you find to be too annoying with ads. Ads are a big part of many creators and businesses providing information and simply removing them entirely will remove a lot of the incentive for published information.
– Sofa table sitting bench will be the next project video.
– SketchUp video for the sofa table sitting bench will be out a day or so before the table video.
– The Adobe Creative Cloud suite is a nice group of software. It’s also a money pit. I haven’t 100% pulled the plug on Premiere Pro and Photoshop but I’m really close to it. Davinci Resolve 16 is a good alternative for video editing. And it’s free.
– I haven’t launched the end of year giveaway yet. Waiting on a few router bits to come in for photos.
– Use code damnthatwasalongvlog for 10% off any purchases on my website this week :)