- I’m building a workbench. Well, I just finished a workbench. I still need to add the vises and a four drawer cabinet. I’ll have plans on the day I release the video. Speaking of the video. I still have to shoot the intro but I got the rest of the video already edited and it’s over 20 minutes long with cloning, perspective text, and a few sound effects. Hope you’ll enjoy it. I still have other stuff that needs to be done first but it should be published this Sunday morning.
- I had a LOT of fun making this workbench and posted a lot of progress pictures on Instagram during the build. Follow me on Instagram if you haven’t already :)
- This is the sanding pad I’ve been using for a few years: http://amzn.to/1N6uhBZ
- Do you play chess? Add me on Chess.com and challenge me. Username: jonathonbates86
- I’ve got new stickers in. I’ll have them for sale here on this website soon. I’ve already sent some out to those who sent me something. Thank you!
- I’ll have new shirts soon. Not a high priority though.
- Next week will be fun :)
Looking forward to the workbench video Jay, (Jonathan, is my sons name too, I call him “J” too, for what its worth). Keep up the good work!
Have you decided what vices you will put on this bench? I looked at the pics on instagram and it looks good and sturdy, as well as fairly simple compared to some workbench designs. If you don’t mind a suggestion for the leg/knee vice, here is a YT link and a 3D warehouse link to one I am considering for my own future bench.
These are designed by Lumber Jocks member Kiefer, and by all appearances look to work exceptionally well.
All in all though your bench looks great, and i look forward to the build video!
Glad to hear that your workbench is done and look forward to the video. I love to build workbenches. There is something about it I can’t quite put my finger on. Going to build my kids a workbench if they want one or not.
Hey Jay where do you get your stickers made? And how about does it run to get them made?
Great work bench video coming near you soon, Starring Jay Bates or should I say Johnathan! Lol, can’t wait! !
Hello Jay! Love your videos.
Festool also offers those sanding blocks in different shapes. I use the ones the sand paper wraps to side – works double duty when sanding wall corners – sands both sides at the same time ! :)
Can’t wait to see the final results, esp. with a drawer build to. Keep up withi the great videos and I especially love around the web series. You manage to find some of the most interesting things that the average Joe (or Jane) can’t seem to find. I look forward to it each weekend. A great way to start the week! Thanks Jay,
Jay – For 1 color shirts I take a look at a Cricut ( https://shop.cricut.com/en_us/machines/cricut-explore-one.html ) to make your own. You simply import the logo and the machine cuts iron on material. Peel away the unnecessary parts and iron your logo on your shirts. Great present for your wife who will find all kinds of other stuff to make.
Hey Johnathon have you ever tried Slip It for bottoms of table saw sled s or table saw tops and table saw fences?
Comments are closed.