Just a quick tip video for using a hand plane. These are general tips so keep in mind that there will be some specific situations where one or more of these do not apply.
- Be a lawn mower and not a shovel.
- Only use “enough” downward pressure.
- Pause in and out & flat in and out.
- Use wax or oil for reduced friction. It helps a LOT!
- Angle the plane to restrict cutting depth.
- Plane in the downhill direction.
Plane restoration video I mentioned in the video: https://jayscustomcreations.com/2016/08/restoring-a-hand-plane-stanley-bailey-5/